- Power: 22-55 kw
- Capacity: 12-35 t/h
- Apllication: vertical shaft kiln cement plant, lime production line.
What Is Shaft Kiln?
Shaft kiln, also called vertical shaft kiln or vertical kiln, is a kind of vertical set stationary cement kiln, usually applied in the cement production line, lime production line, etc. As one of the main cement equipment, it plays the same role as a cement rotary kiln for cement clinker manufacturing, also composed of preheating zone, calcining zone, and cooling zone, while no matter the production process, investment or cement properties, it is different from the rotary kiln.
The shaft kiln can be divided into ordinary shaft kiln and mechanical shaft kiln according to different operation modes. The mechanical shaft kiln can be operated continuously, and its production quality and productivity are relatively high, which has been widely used in mini cement plants.
How Does Shaft Kiln Work?
Before calcination, raw materials will be mixed with coal powder to form raw material balls. They enter the shaft kiln from the kiln crown and gravity flow through three thermally sections respectively the preheating zone, calcining zone, and cooling zone. During these processes, the raw meal balls will be heated from ambient temperature to more than 1000℃ by a countercurrent flow of hot air rising from the kiln burner so that the coal powder on the surface or inside burn one after another and the raw meal can finally transfer into clinker.
- Preheating Zone. This area is mainly used to dry, preheat and pre-decompose the material balls. In general, it will account for 10% – 15% of the whole kiln body height. After materials are calcined, the remaining hot air will rise to the preheating zone to preheat materials to a pre-decomposition temperature.
- Calcining Zone. This area is a high-temperature area which calcines materials through hot air released from the burner. The residence time of materials in the calcining zone shall not be too long or too short, generally 25 minutes, so as to ensure the cement meal can have sufficient chemical reaction.
- Cooling Zone. The cooling zone is located between the calcining zone and the kiln bottom. In this area, the clinker exchanges heat with the cold air blown from kiln bottom so as to cool down the clinker temperature, meanwhile, the cold air is heated and then enters the calcining zone as an oxidizingair.
After passing through the three zones, the clinker will be discharged on the belt conveyor from the bottom of the shaft kiln and complete the whole cement calcination process.
Specifications Of Shaft Kiln
|Total Weight(no refractory material)(t)||82||88||100||115||125||135||180|
Why You Choose AGICO Shaft Kiln?
AGICO, as an experienced cement manufacturer, has been in the cement industry for almost 20 years. We are specialized in manufacturing cement mill, cement rotary kiln and some other cement equipment, with superior quality and high capacity. Shaft kiln is one of our hot-sale products and it has been widely exported to many cement plants around the world. The vertical shaft kiln produced by AGICO has the advantages of :
- Energy-saving. The cold air usually enters the kiln from the bottom. After heat exchange, the temperature of the clinker will be cooled down, and the cold air will be preheated and enter the calcining zone to participate in combustion. Besides, the remaining hot air after raw meal calcination will also rise into the preheating zone to preheat materials to a pre decomposition temperature, so as to reduce energy consumption.
- Good heat preservation. The kiln skin is made of four layers of refractory materials with good heat preservation effect. Its temperature can be controlled at about 60 ℃ higher than the ambient temperature
- Long service life. The refractory material has a long service life. It can be used for 6-10 years under normal conditions because the material ball never directly collide with the refractory, therefore the wear rate is reduced.
- Wide fuel adaptability. According to different types of shaft kilns, we can adopt coal, coke, natural gas, coke oven gas, blast furnace gas, diesel oil, etc., as the burning fuel.
- Small space occupation. Due to the vertical arrangement of the shaft kiln, and the compact layout of each functional area, the floor area is reduced
- Low investment. The steel structure of the vertical kiln has fewer machined parts so its processing cost is low and the installation difficulty is not high.