Raw materials of the cement plant are mostly from open-pit mines, and the ore size of large mines can reach 1.5-1.8m. In the preparation of cement raw materials, we first need to crush limestone, gypsum, clay and other materials into proper size to facilitate the subsequent transportation and storage, at the same time make full preparations for the next process (cement raw materials grinding). Therefore, as the first process of cement production, material crushing is particularly important in the design of a cement plant.
As a cement plant manufacturer, AGICO not only produces cement production lines, stone crushing plant, but also manufactures many cement equipment, such as a series of cement crushers required for cement raw material crushing: cone crusher, impact crusher, hammer crusher, jaw crusher, and four-roll crusher.
How To Select Cement Crusher Machines?
The following methods are usually used to crush materials: extrusion, cutting, and impact. In normal conditions, one crusher may use one or more methods to break materials, among which the extrusion principle has the lowest energy consumption and the least wear. While there are some other factors need to be considered when we choosing the crusher, such as material moisture content, hardness, abrasion, mechanical robustness, and operating costs.
- The hard material with larger or medium size particle size is usually crushed by extrusion or impact method. We usually adopt jaw crusher, roll crusher, etc.
- Materials with strong abrasiveness are generally crushed by the extrusion method, and the surface of the grinding part should be smooth. But if the material is very difficult to break, it is necessary to consider a two-stage crushing system that takes jaw crusher as the primary crushing equipment and hammer crusher as the medium crushing equipment.
- Materials with weak abrasiveness are usually broken by impact or grinding method. The crushing part should have sharp teeth.
- The hard materials with smaller particle sizes are generally crushed by extrusion or impact method. The surface of the crushing part is smooth and toothless, such as roller crusher.
- Materials with strong toughness are usually crushed by cutting or quick-hitting, such as hammer crusher.