- Specification: φ2.8×28m-φ3.6×40m
- Power: 75-160 kw
- Capacity: 15-35 t/h
What Is Rotary Cooler?
Rotary cooler is also called clinker cooler, which is the important support equipment of cement rotary kiln. It is mainly used to cool the high-temperature clinker（1000-1200℃）discharged from the rotary kiln into an appropriate temperature (less than 200℃). The cold air produced by it contact countercurrent with the clinker in the cylinder and generate heat exchange, then they will enter the rotary kiln as combustion air to optimize the calcination process and reduce heat consumption.
The main purpose of cement rotary cooler:
- Reduce the temperature of the clinker as low as possible for subsequent grinding, transportation, and storage.
- Recycle the heat energy from the clinker as much as possible to heat the secondary and tertiary air, making them combustion air and minimizing the fuel consumption of the cement rotary kiln system.
- Improve the quality and grindability of the clinker with the most suitable cooling rate.
The rotary cooler produced by AGICO has the advantage of simple structure, high heat efficiency, low maintenance cost, less total investment, etc., which are often used to cool the clinker of 500 ~ 2000t/d cement production lines. Besides, we also offer conveying equipment, feeding equipment, and other related cement equipment according to customers’ requirements.
How Does Rotary Cooler Work?
- Rotary cooler is mainly composed of a rotary cylinder that is tilted 4°-7° from the ground. The cylinder is supported on the stopping wheel device by a support ring to prevent it from sliding in the axial direction. Besides, its slowly rotating is driven by the large gear ring mounted on the body through the drive device.
- High-temperature clinkers will be fed into the cooler through the feeding device. Because the cylinder moves slowly in an inclined state, the material will move from the high end to the low end in the axial direction.
- In this moving process, flights on the cylinder wall continuously throw the material upward, so that the high-temperature material and the cold air can have full heat exchange until the clinker is cooled to below a specified temperature and be discharged by the discharging device. The heated air (400-750 ℃) will enter the rotary kiln as a combustion supporting air.
- We can increase the contact time between clinker and cold air by improving the structure and the arrangement form of the flights, and adjusting the inclination and rotation speed of the cylinder. Then the internal heat of clinker will have sufficient time to be transmitted to the outside, so as to fully recover the heat of clinker with lower temperature.
Different Forms Of Heat Transfer In Rotary Cooler
- The heat transfer when high-temperature clinker is in contact with air in non-flight zones. Because there are no flights in these zones, the high-temperature clinker is accumulated at the bottom of the cylinder, and the surface area of the clinker exposed to air is too small, therefore the heat transfer rate is slow.
- The radiative heat transfer from high-temperature clinker to the refractory lining and the convective heat transfer from refractory lining to air in no-flight zones. Because the thermal resistance of indirect heat transfer is large and the surface area of refractory lining is limited, the heat transfer speed is slow.
- The heat transfer from clinker to the outside surface of the cylinder body. This part of heat can not heat the secondary air, is considered heat loss. We should reduce it as much as possible.
- The convective heat transfer between the cylinder bottom clinker and air in the flight zone. Because the contacting area of the clinker and air is small, the heat transfer speed is slow.
- The convective heat transfer between the suspended clinker and air in the flight zone. This is the main heat exchange process of the rotary cooler. Because the clinker is suspended in the air, and its surface is fully exposed, the convection heat transfer area is large.
Rotary Cooler Specification
|Specification||Rotate Speed(r/m)||Capacity(t/h)||Reducer||Electric Motor|
Why You Choose AGICO Rotary Cooler?
AGICO is an innovative supplier of different kinds of cement equipment. We combine industry expertise with new technology to deliver the best solutions to cement plants. Rotary cooler is one of our hot-sale devices. It provides a great solution for high-efficiency clinker cooling. Built on dependability and proven technology. Whether you require short or long residence times, carbon steel or specialty steels, AGICO can customize the rotary cooler for your application.
- The sealing of kiln head and kiln tail is made of heat-resistant steel, which makes the sealing performance better, reliability higher, and service life longer.
- Our drive system adopts the AC frequency conversion and speed regulation technology.
- Good cooling effect, large capacity, and high operating rate.
- The flights with various angles can greatly improve the heat exchange rate and shorten the cooling time.
- Compact structure, steady running, easy operation, and maintenance.
- The price of our rotary coolers is reasonable. Each cooler can save users more than 10% of the cost compared to other coolers on the market. Although the price is affordable, the quality is guaranteed, you can buy our equipment at ease.
- Our rotary cooler is widely used in various materials, such as dolomite, kaolin, bauxite, cement clinker, limestone, coke, mineral powder, etc.
- We provide a variety of different models, while customers’ production needs are usually different so that the required equipment models are also different. AGICO will provide reasonable purchase plans according to the actual production needs of customers, and make a detailed quotation.
- The rotary cooler can be maintained from the side, which is convenient, time-saving and efficient.