Fly ash is the fine ash collected from the flue gas after coal combustion. It is the main solid waste discharged from coal-fired power plants. Its annual output is large, which has great harm to the environment and human health. And its particle distribution is very uneven, so it usually needs to be ground to improve its performance to be put into secondary use. As a kind of industrial waste, fly ash is rich in resources, low in price, and contains a lot of active ingredients. After classifying and grinding, it can replace clay to become the raw material for producing cement clinker, and can also be used as an admixture of concrete to save a lot of cement and fine aggregate. The fly ash processing plant constructed by AGICO Cement is highly automated and mechanized, with low investment, high profit, simple structure and easy operation, which helps each region realize reasonable waste recycling and utilization to ‘green up’ users’ supply chains.
|Raw Material||Fly Ash / Volcanic Ash|
|Ball Mill System||Closed Circuit / Open Circuit|
|Product||I, II Fly Ash|
Fly Ash Processing Plant Technological Process
The first step of the fly ash processing system is taking ash from the silo and sending it into the elevator in front of the grinding mill after feeding by the feeder and electronic weighing. Then the fly ash will be fed into powder concentrator for the first classifying. During the classifying, qualified fine ash enters the fine ash silo through conveying chute, while the coarse ash is sent to the cement ball mill for fine grinding. After grinding, the pulverized fly ash needs to be classified again in the powder concentrator. The fine ash that meets the requirements is sent to the fine ash silo through the conveying equipment, and the coarse ash is sent back to the ball mill for secondary grinding. The whole system is equipped with a dust collector. There is no need to worry about dust pollution.
Fly Ash Processing Plant Features
Plant Design & Construction
- This fly ash processing plant adopts the sealed pipe transportation with no dust pollution. And it makes the best use of the original ash conveying and ash storage equipment of the power plant, which not only saves the land space but also reduces investment.
- The plant we constructed is designed with compact structure and simple equipment, which is conducive to daily maintenance. In addition, it is highly automated, stable and efficient.
- After grinding, the fine fly ash can reach the I or II fly ash standard.
Equipment & System
Fly Ash Classifying System
This fly ash classifying system is developed by our researchers according to years of practical operation experience. It is a closed-circuit circulation classifying system with high efficiency and adjustable turbo-type powder concentrator as the main equipment. This system has the advantages of clear design principle, simple structure, small workload of operation and maintenance, being widely used in fly ash processing plants.
- This system adopts the mechanical forced vortex ash gas to rotate and utilizes the operation mode of negative pressure and closed circulation, without dust leakage and secondary pollution.
- This fly ash classifying system is controlled by PLC, with a high degree of automation, simple operation and strong adaptability.
- Large capacity. Due to the adjustable forced vortex centrifugal separation technology, this system has a big advantage in large processing capacity, which can handle 20-100t per hour.
- High classification efficiency. The classification efficiency of this system is up to 85%, the cyclone separator is ≥95%.
- High classification accuracy. The 45 μm weight of screen residue can be adjusted from 3% to 25%.
- High wear resistance. All wearing parts adopt advanced wear resistance design and reliable wear resistance measures. Each wear-resistant part is coated with high temperature resistant, anti-corrosion and wear-resistant materials, thus greatly extending the service life of the equipment.
- Low investment. This turbo type powder concentrator does not need to install a dust collector between the main air blower and the cyclone separator, thus saving a lot of investment.
Flexible layout. We will adopt the discrete layout, centralized layout beside the silo or centralized layout on the silo according to the requirements of the customer.
The fly ash ball mill is the special equipment for fly ash grinding, which is designed and developed by our company after years of research and practice. It is the most ideal equipment for further processing of fly ash.
- The ball mill adopts the particular structure and grinding media. The grinding media utilizes special steel forging specifications to make the fineness of fly ash meet the standard requirements
- The solid retention ring and inner sieving constitute the unloading device on the tail of grinding mill, making the discharging unobstructed.
- The feed end and discharge end of the ball mill both use the antifriction bearing，one end of which can be automatically adjusted, greatly reducing energy consumption. Besides, we redesigned the bearing sealing device to make the operation and maintenance easier.
- This equipment has the advantages of high efficiency, run steadily, no dust pollution, simple structure, and easy maintenance.
AGICO Cement has large manufacture workshops and professional processing equipment to ensure the fast and high-quality production of related equipment in this fly ash processing plant. In addition, we have more than 20 years of production and sales experience, the products are exported to all over the world, therefore, we can ensure the timely and safe delivery, reducing the time cost of customers.
AGICO provides EPC turnkey projects. It not only includes the manufacture of various specialized equipment in the fly ash processing plant but also includes the fly ash processing plant design, onsite installation, real-time commissioning, equipment operation training and usual spare parts service.
Customization is the most basic service our company provides for each customer. We will design the fly ash processing plant according to customers’ specific needs, such as capacity, fly ash standard, construction environment, etc. Every customer will get their own satisfied plant here.
This fly ash processing plant is equipped with advanced dust collector to strictly control dust emission and noise pollution, realizing the reuse of resources, so you don’t need to worry about the environmental issue.
Fly Ash Application
After grinding, the fly ash can be used as a partial substitute for concrete raw materials. Different incorporation of fly ash will affect the hardening level, strength, dry shrinkage and other characteristics of concrete, with an ideal content of 40%. Using fly ash as raw material to make cement has been quite common in cement plants, and the technology is relatively mature. The ideal content can reach 75%.
Fly ash, aggregate, cement and other raw materials can be made into different types of concrete blocks through batching, mixing, molding, curing and other processes, such as fly ash concrete hollow block, fly ash brick and so on.
High purity alum can be extracted from fly ash to synthesize bauxite. Making fly ash as raw material, SiC powder, a non-oxide ceramic material, which is widely used in the market, can be synthesized by carbothermal reduction synthesis method. The fly ash can be made into polymer filling material after some refinement processing.
Fly ash is rich in microelements, such as silicon, boron, sulfur, zinc, copper, calcium, magnesium, iron, etc. It has loose texture and can improve the soil structure. If we mix some additives with fly ash according to a scientific formula, we can make compound fertilizer.