Middle Diameter: 12.5-25m
Cooling Time: 45-50 min
The annular cooler is the main equipment in pelletizing plant, which is used for cooling high-temperature sintered pellets. It has the characteristics of small space occupation, steady running, long service life, low maintenance cost, good cooling effect, etc., and also has the function of conveying. As a crucial part of the grate-kiln pelletizing process (consists of a traveling grate preheater, a rotary kiln, and a cooler), annular cooler has two main functions:
- Cooling high-temperature oxidized pellets discharged from the rotary kiln to facilitate the safety of the follow-up process.
- Recovering heat from high-temperature sintered pellets for green pellets preheating and sintering so as to reduce the fuel consumption of the entire system.
AGICO has mature production technology of annular cooler and can customize the annular cooler according to users’ requirements. Annular coolers produced by our company have a novel structure and good sealing effect, which is conducive to energy conservation, emission reduction, and waste heat recovery.
Annular Cooler Structure
The annular cooler is mainly composed of a transmission device, rotary device, back-up roll, frame assembly, air box, sealing device, feed hopper, discharge hopper, electric double-layer ash discharge valve, discharge chute, etc.
Highlights Of AGICO Annular Cooler
|Effective Cooling Area（m²）||50||69||121||150||248|
|Trolley Middle Diameter（m）||Φ12.5||Φ12.5||Φ18.5||Φ22||Φ25|
|Material Layer Thickness（mm）||680||762||760||800||850|
|Double-layer Ash Unloading Valve||9||9||15||16||21|
Why We Need Annular Cooler In Pelletizing Plants
- Making full use of waste heat is the key technology to reduce energy consumption in pelletizing plants. The annular cooler adopts blast cooling, which is conducive to the utilization of waste heat.
- After processed by an annular cooler, pellets can be transported and loaded by belt conveyor. It makes the overall transportation more reasonable and adapts to large-scale production.
- Cooled pellets prolong the service life of the blast furnace ore bin and blast furnace throat equipment and reduce the maintenance of the blast furnace charging system.
- Sintered pellets cooled by the annular cooler have a uniform size, which can strengthen the blast furnace melting, reduce the coke ratio, and increase the pig iron output.
- It is conducive to improve the factory environment.
Annular Cooler Working Principle
Motor drives the rotary device to make trolleys run slowly to the discharging end. The trolley is a trapezoidal pan supported by rollers and composed of grate plates and side plates. Hot sintered pellets discharged from the rotary kiln continuously fall on the rotary trolleys through a feeding hopper and chute. The air blower is installed under the trolley. Ambient air generated by the air blower passes through the hot sintered pellets through air box from bottom to top to realize heat exchange between the pellets and the ambient air. When trolleys reach the discharging area, trolley rollers begin to descend along the curved rail, and the pellets which have been cooled to below 120 ℃ are discharged through the discharging hopper. After that, the rollers rise and reset along the curved rail, and the trolleys carry out the next cycle of feeding, cooling, and discharging.